A Few Things Home Technology Does For Me
Convenience & comfort.
- Turn off the lights and set the shades right from my mobile phone with Lutron.
- Open the garage and unlock the door when I arrive home with SmartThings.
- Watch over my home when I'm away with Blue Iris.
- Enjoy a movie at the touch of a button with Logitech Harmony.
- Start the air conditioner 20 minutes before I arrive home with Nest.
Control and monitoring from anywhere.
- Keep tabs on what's going on at the house.
- Remotely access files, programs, or computers while on the go, or at work.
- Get reminders to turn off the lights.
- Use a VPN service to access my local LAN.
- Adjust home automation preferences.
When work is over, it's time to play.
- Turn on and off my entertainment devices with a single button.
- Dim the lights for "movie mode".
- Stream movies through my network with Plex Media Server.
- Watch TV on my mobile phone while away from home.
- Record TV to my server.
The SmartThings hub is the backbone of my home automation system. It’s the easiest to learn and one of the most versatile home automation platforms out there right now. Whether you’re building an alarm and monitoring system or going full home automation, SmartThings has what you need.
Windows Home Server 2011
Blue Iris is PC-based software that turns your computer into a full blown security camera DVR. It’s compatible with almost any security camera out there, so you don’t have to worry about being tied down to a single manufacturer.